Posted: 11/02/19 by Milton Keynes Chamber of Commerce Ltd
International Terms and Conditions
Wednesday 13 February 14:00-15:00
The Institute of Export & International Trade this week launched four new international T&C templates exclusively for Small & Medium Business Members, to allow businesses to export confidently, safe in the knowledge that they have a legal framework specific to their international needs.
To accompany this launch, an Open to Export webinar will be running explaining in further detail why having international terms and conditions is
Slow payments, legal issues, dashed expectations and disenchantment with the exporting process are a result of businesses foregoing the need to establish terms and conditions specific to their international situation.
Elizabeth Ward (Virtuoso Legal) and Lesley Batchelor (Institute of Export & International Trade) will address:
Open to Export webinars are powered by The Institute of Export & International Trade – the UK’s only professional body representing international trade, recognised by the World Trade Organisation and the International Chamber of Commerce as a ‘Small Business Champion’.
- The pitfalls of trading overseas with a UK-only legal framework - including unnecessary litigation
- The importance of setting out where liabilities and responsibilities lie
- How to establish clarity on what happens when international disputes arise
- How to establish clear processes for payments
- Staying on top of anti-bribery and anti-slavery laws
Catch up with all of its webinars at opentoexport.com/webinars
Interested businesses need only to register with open to export to listen in.