The purpose of this course:
At some time or other most of us give in to people in authority or to those who are dominant or difficult. It stops us achieving our own goals and can leave us feeling inadequate, stressed and angry. This course identifies the behaviour patterns that lead to these situations. You will practise a new set of behaviour patterns to enable you to be in control in interpersonal situations.
Benefits to an organisation:
Raised awareness of how communication styles affects results and relationships, this leads to less stress in relationships at work with managers and leaders working in collaboration with their staff and teams.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone within a business who would like to work assertively with others.
What will the course cover?
- Identify different types of interpersonal behaviour
- Understand and change your behaviour patterns
- Techniques for managing dominant and difficult people
- Develop a new assertive attitude when managing others
- Body language and the voice
- Using words to influence a situation
- What is your preferred communication style? – Social styles
- How to flex your social style to gain a different response
- Activities – the assertive response
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify behaviours in themselves and others that lead to non-assertive behaviour
- Use a variety of assertiveness skills to deal with people
- Manage both aggressive and submissive behaviour
- Project their own authority in an assertive way
- Gain confidence in group situations
- Learn how to influence difficult people to ensure positive gains for all
- Influence situations using effective body language and tone of voice
- ‘Flex’ their social style to make bad relationships good and good relationships even better
Timings: 9:15am – 4:30pm
Member cost: £249 + VAT
Non-Member cost: £319 + VAT
For more information, or to book a place on this course, call us on 01908 733082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Chamber members can book online.