The Fundamentals of Project Management
The purpose of this course:
This is a professional course around how to manage change. It is aligned to industry standards of the accrediting professional body, the Association for Project Management. The purpose of this course is to equip people with the fundamental principles of project management to enable them to manage change effectively within their organisations. Organisations need to be able to manage change effectively to stay fit for the future and minimise disruption to the business, the way we plan and deliver projects makes a real difference for the business and its people when the project outcome is handed over into business as usual. This course looks at both the technical and behavioural skills required to be effective in a project environment and to be able to make a positive contribution to any project.
Benefits to an organisation:
- Provides individuals with improved confidence, engagement, and credibility within their role, building change capability for the business.
- Provides the latest mix of tools, techniques, processes, and skills in project management.
- Provides an awareness of project management terminology.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction into the project management role.
- Enabling businesses to run projects more effectively to time, cost, and quality, as well as minimising potential disruption to the business.
- Improving productivity as people have the knowledge and skills to manage projects.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone wanting a broad understanding of the principles of the profession.
- You may manage projects or elements of projects as part of your role, or you may undertake tasks in your day job which may not be contributed directly to project work but is related to change activity.
- No prior knowledge or experience required.
What will the course cover?
- What is a Project and how does it differ from Business as Usual
- How to structure a project and key roles and responsibilities
- The practices of planning, scheduling, scope and risk and issue management in the context of a project
- Quality in the context of a project
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication within a project
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of the principles of the project profession
- Have an awareness of project management terminology
- Build a strong understanding of how manage a project
- Identify methods, tools, and techniques to support practical application of key practices
- Build a strong understanding of the importance of leadership and communication
Timings: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Member cost: £249 + VAT
Non-Member cost: £319 + VAT
For more information, or to book a place on this course, call us on 01908 733082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Chamber members can book online.