Posted: 24/10/13 by The Open University
The Open University(OU) is encouraging business in the Milton Keynes area to sign up to an entrepreneurial Postgraduate Internship Programme sponsored by Santander.
The new project will give talented and motivated postgraduates the opportunity to participate in a three month full-time internship with local private and public sector organisations.
Renu Elston, Research School Internship Co-ordinator at the OU, said: “This is an extension of pilot scheme launched earlier this year at the OU.
“The programme enables participating local businesses to recruit highly qualified and motivated postgraduate students that can have an immediate impact on business with a defined project or programme of activities.”
Both Santander and OU are contributors to the scheme. Businesses involved in the programme will need to contribute £500 a month for three months making a total of £1,500.
This scheme will provide:
• Highly motivated postgraduate students who can have an impact on a company’s business
• An injection of new ideas and skills to the organisation, perhaps at a critical point in your development
• A short-term provision of resources on a well-defined project.
1. The OU will work in collaboration with the participating company to understand their specific requirements by getting to know the business, the teams and the type of postgraduate required.
2. Advertise on the OU website and the Santander Portal details of the internship on offer.
3. The OU will work in collaboration with the participating company to match a suitable OU postgraduate student(s) to the specific requirements.
4. Once potential graduates have been expressed an interest in the company, the OU will proceed with the normal interview process to shortlist and finally select with the company, the most suitable intern and finalise the placement process.
5. On completion of the internship, both the company and the postgraduate student will be asked to provide feedback that will be shared with our stakeholders.
Anyone who would like to discuss the internship scheme, can contact Renu Elston on 01908 659302 or email Renu.Elston@open.ac.uk.