The purpose of the course:
The Intermediate Excel course focuses on more in depth formulas and data handling.
Benefits for your organisation:
This course builds on the knowledge of the introduction to Excel course by showing the user how to get more out of the programme. Delegates will learn to work with Dynamic Ranges meaning spreadsheets will remain up to date even when new data is added.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is familiar with the basic features of Excel together with basic formulas will benefit from attending this course. This course places great emphasis upon the importance of understanding how to build the spreadsheet correctly with Dynamic Ranges. It is therefore important that participants are at the appropriate level to ensure a good learning experience.
What will the course cover?
An in-depth look into:
- IF’s and VLOOKUP functions
- Worksheet/workbook linking
- Calculating with dates
Controlling data using:
- Dynamic Ranges
- Grouping and outlining
- Freeze panes
- Sorting data
- Working with comments
Manipulating worksheets using:
- Named Ranges
- Conditional formatting
- Hiding/un-hiding data
- Password protecting worksheets
- Protecting specific cells
Advanced Chartering – Building on basic chartering using:
- Combining multi-chart types
- Custom chart formats
- Creating secondary axis
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Combine Dynamic Ranges with formulas
- Use the ‘IF function’ to set answers based on criteria
- Use VLOOKUP tables to find the answers to complex queries
- Design and manage long lists of data
- Sort, filter and subtotal lists
- Group columns to collapse or expand a list of data
- Link worksheets and workbooks creating summary pages
Timings: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Member cost: £249 + VAT
Non-Member cost: £319 + VAT
For more information, or to book a place on this course, call us on 01908 733082 or email email@example.com. Chamber members can book online.