We all know a picture speaks a thousand words, but when it comes to events, how we present that picture to our audience is key. Delegates are more likely to remember information that is visually represented, and if we can give that visual the wow factor by using the best technology, then your event is sure to stand out from the crowd.
Introducing the LED screen
LED screens are becoming more and more popular for display purposes at all kinds of events, from trade shows, conferences and awards ceremonies. The reason is quite simple; they offer fantastic image quality whatever the lighting set up, and can be easily scaled to suit different event formats.
As we often say here at FoxWylie, content is king in all areas of business and with video being so influential nowadays, Event Managers simply cannot be let down by a mediocre screen putting all that great content to waste.
There’s no better example of this than the BBDO event we recently worked on. BBDO are a global advertising agency, so we knew we had to create something that would stand out, do their amazing content justice and be memorable for the senior delegates attending this high-profile Worldwide Conference.
We worked on all production elements for BBDO and installed a curved 18m wide LED wall. It was one of three options we put forward, which the BBDO team loved the idea of. The resulting screen, coupled with the stunning content, looked phenomenal with the large presentation graphics and videos used throughout the event. You can read the full case study here.
LED screens give the feeling of a theatrical show. They make content even more interesting, which in turn drives better attendance figures and engagement. It’s a win-win situation!
The technical highlights
If you decide a LED screen is right for your event, we will take care of all technical aspects so that you don’t have to worry. Here’s a quick look at some of the highlights of LED…
● Quick installation
● High resolution and rich colours
● Scalable, which means the screens can be altered for different viewing distances – whether your guests are walking past them at a trade show, or viewing theatre-style at a conference
● Any shape or size you like. Modular walls allow for any height or length, as they are built from smaller screens joined together. Screens can also come straight or curved, can cover floors or ceilings, and even go around corners! This allows us to work with your requirements and any venue or space restrictions.
● The whole event look and feel can be changed instantly. Effective when the same room is used for the conference and evening meal or for day two of the conference.
● Finally, LED screens are bright, and the room doesn’t need to be dark in order for you to see the screen – which it would with a projector. This allows for brighter environments, such as atriums or rooms with lots of windows. In fact, the quality is so good it gives everyone a front row experience wherever they are sat!
What content to choose
So you’ve got the screen, now how do you make sure your content does it justice?! There is no limit to what types of media you can display on screen, so get creative! For instance, you could use it for text, scoreboards, video, or even stream social media to screen for ultimate audience engagement! You could also:
– animate the client’s logo and have this as playing between sessions
– have an LED cube flown into the middle of the audience; great for when you’re looking to present ‘in the round’
– use LED strips, panels or screens, in addition to the main screen; this will allow for added branding and atmosphere, as well as provide another presentation area
Go for simple, yet effective, with beautiful panoramic images. We find these are the most impactful. Why not tie these images into your event message, brand, theme or venue?
Two of our favourites that we’ve recently seen have been handwritten notes from an iPad, which really brings together old and new, and an animation of flames, which on a large screen stood above the presenter’s head and really gave the wow factor!